Marketing Automation ConsultingPutting the Automation into Marketing Automation
What Marketing Automation Does:
- Simplifies repetitive tasks such as email responses and followups
- Manages online leads at scale and automatically scores them
- Enables marketing managers to understand what content turns into leads
- Enables sales reps to understand what leads are potential prospects
- Helps sort leads and contacts into segmented lists automatically
- Allows greater inside into which marketing channels are producing best leads
This is the problem I had:
I started a new job where the company already had in place a marketing automation platform: Hubspot. One of the hardest parts was done, I thought – just convincing a small to medium sized business to purchase expensive software is a hurdle in and of itself. It’s a difficult sell as a marketing manager to convince the leadership the need for marketing automation software. How do you really, really show the ROI of a piece of marketing automation – it touches everything you do online. I thought the hard part was done, but only days after playing around with my shiny new piece of equipment meant to make marketing effortless, automatic even, I realized the real work hadn’t even begun.
Marketing Software Doesn’t Create Anything
A marketing automation software purchase doesn’t automatically make you smarter – it makes smart people more powerful and efficient. It’s not going to write a blog post for you or create an infographic – that’s the human’s job. I quickly realized that this expensive piece of equipment was essentially the most expensive email tool ever. We were paying $2000+ a month to send emails. That’s when I realized that without a properly sequenced flow of content that reaches leads and is customized for them, then all we’re doing is wasting $1600 a month of features. Bring intelligence back to your marketing automation by connecting everything properly. I can help with that.
What a Marketing Automation Consulting Engagement Would Entail:
- Discussion of goals for the project – more visitors turning to leads, leads to prospects, saving time and employee costs, and more
- Evaluation of current workflows – identifying easy wins and biggest pains
- Narrowing down and agreeing on the best systems for your company
- Implementation of the software according to best practices
- Optimization of flows
- Ongoing tweaking and addition of workflows to make it all easier
Does this sound interesting? If so, contact me – happy to hop on the phone for an easy 20-minute talk with free ideas for you.
Get a Quick Assessment
Example: How to Connect Hubspot and Zoho
Hubspot and Zoho CRM need to be connected if you have them both – but there’s no out of the gate, obvious answer. That’s why Bedrock Data came into play. This is yet another piece of software to purchase, but it really is the missing piece of the puzzle. Learn what this project entails.