Resource Page Link Building: A Tried and True Way to Build Evergreen Links with Win-Win Resources
The way to approach resource page link building is with a win-win mindset: you truly want to create a helpful resource for this community.
Those who curate resource pages are often passionate employees and volunteers at: non-profits, community organizations, chambers of commerce, veteran organizations, student organizations, universities, and more.
You want to demonstrate that you’re a helpful and gracious member of the industry or interest group, and you’re in it for the long run. By creating helpful content and letting those who manage resource pages know, you’re doing a positive service that helps your business get attention and build authority as well.
What is Resource Page Link Building?
This service involves our agency researching a receptive audience in your industry, creating a resource page that is published on your brand’s website, and letting organizations and companies know about your resource page with outreach.
This is one of the oldest forms of link building, and a surefire way to build authority and establish your name as a part of the community you’re serving.
It’s a good fit for new sites that want to build up initial traction, as well as for larger sites looking to diversify link profile and spread their message.
How We Do It
Our resource page link building service involves a vetted and tested 10-step process including audience research, industry research, topic selection, keyword matching, content creation, linkable market research, and then the promotion and followup process itself. It’s a well-timed series of events that, when done properly, produces solid results.
Although resource link building is a timeless practice, we still research what’s working now and focus on formats that work in 2021 and beyond. Resource pages are dynamic entities, and managers come and go with different preferences and tastes.
We then build the page that will live on your website – we meticulously research and write the content for the page, format it, and include additional visuals as needed. These city authoritative sources and are substantial reference pages.
Then we identify the specific people working at the organizations that we can reach out to. We find best fit, best contact, name, email and then prep for outreach.
We then pitch 100-200+ resource page curators. At the end of the day, they either like it or they don’t. This is the utmost in link quality, as it requires strict editorial approval.
Typically we see anywhere from a 4-8% placement rate on these campaigns, but it can range even higher in some cases.
We’ve successfully landed placements on prominent organization and corporation resource pages.
Your Business is a Match if:
- You know that content creation and SEO can take 3-6 months to bear fruit
- You’ve worked with an SEO company or link building agency before, or have done it yourself
- You have other marketing channels – such as Adwords, Facebook Ads, email, and others that are working
- You serve clients nationally, and not only local
- You either want ecommerce sales, leads, or online bookings
- You have a reasonable budget (see pricing below) – generally you should spend over $50,000 a month on all marketing efforts (including your in-house team and other marketing agencies)
We’re not a Good Match yet if:
- Your budget for all marketing is less than $50,000 a month (since SEO is just one portion of all marketing)
- You want content for offline purposes only
- Your site is brand new and you have never tried to get traffic to a website before
- You don’t know your profit and lifetime value per customer
- You need immediate results in less than 30 days
- You’re only looking for local SEO services, or primarily only sell in-person
Resource Page Link Building Pricing and Services
While a budget is a good place to start, the ultimate goal is to get value and ROI from the work, not the lowest price. To give you a ballpark, resource page link building services range from $3,000-5,000 per campaign.
Resource page link building pricing is variable depending on the industry and volume. Some industries such as travel and finance are harder to get traction in, so we have to factor that in. We also consider audience size and receptiveness to these types of campaigns. There are other variables such as editorial approval and quantity of assets built per month.
Interested to see if this pricing aligns with your budget and ROI goals? Fill out the quote form on this page to get started!
Feel free to reach out and we can discuss win-win resource page link building.
Joe Robison, Green Flag Digital